Starting Discipleship in Your Lifegroup
Tips and best practices on how to get discipleship stated in your Lifegroup.
Tips on how to get discipleship started in your Lifegroup
- Engage your entire Lifegroup in the conversation.
- Decide if you are going to allow everyone to choose their own Discipleship groups or if you, as the Lifegroup leader, are going to assign people to D-groups.
- Help your Lifegroup set rhythms and expectations for discipleship groups.
- You can use Up, In and Out as a tool to help your group engage in accountability, vulnerability, biblical challenge and prayer.
- Look Up – we pray and listen to God together and discuss how things are going in our relationship with God.
- Look In – we get vulnerable with our Discipleship group, repent of sin, ask for accountability and accept counsel from our D-group.
- Look Out – we talk about how we are relating to those around us (spouse, family, friends) and also encourage one another to be intentional about connecting with people who do not know Jesus.